View Single Post
Old
01-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Hugh...

seems to have been given many chances, but hasn't taken advantage of him. Heck, he's been sent to the ECHL and if he can't shine there, why would anybody think he'd shine in the AHL? I'd guess that the organization has not seen the progress in his play and that he'd be better served getting quality minutes in the AHL, perhaps playing with Bruce Graham, and see if he can get something going before getting going in the AHL.

MJ - Isbister's not great by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not only about winning. I was pissed earlier in the year when Dawes was sitting in the press box in New York when he could've been helping a young Hartford team, and particularly help out two young centermen (Immonen and Dawes), who struggled early in the season, and I'd guess that the lack of depth on wing had a little big to do with that. Dawes is not playing with Callahan and Immonen. That enables Isbister and Byers to play with Dubinsky. I think that helps Dubinsky's development moreso if he was paired with a guy like Jessiman and dealing with his struggles. You need to juggle certain players' development to achieve optimal results.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote