View Single Post
Old
01-24-2007, 09:43 AM
dave4

vCash: 500
Renney and Sather should both be fired, for different reasons. Renney's coaching has been terrible this season. So many of the problems can be pointed directly at the coach, and some indirectly. Not coming out prepared to play way too often, no spark at the worst possible times, undisciplined play not held accountable for, the treatment of Lundqvist in Toronto, playing average veterans instead of kids with some potential who need to learn, the total mishandling of Petr Prucha, I could go on and on. A different coach could remedy a lot of these issues.

But the main problem is the Edmonton Genius, the guy has proven he's absolutely clueless. Not only that, I think he actually has disdain for the fans, and thinks we're all idiots. There have been many lists of his failings in other threads, which I've contributed to, so I won't list them again here. But the guy has no clue how to put a team together, and hasn't been able to do it for the last 20 years.

The main argument for Renney not being fired is that Sather has proven he is completely incapable of picking the right coach. Replacing Renney with yet another disaster of a head coach won't help at all.

The worst part is that you can write down in ink that five years from now Renney will be gone, but Sather will still be here running us further into the ground. By that time, or probably a lot less, we'll pass the Knicks and Detroit Lions and be at the bottom of the Sporting News list of worst run franchises in all of sports. And the Edmonton Genius will still be puffing his cigar and laughing at us all the way to the bank.

Now that I think about it, why should Renney hold his players accountable when the franchise doesn't hold the coach or GM accountable?

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote