View Single Post
Old
01-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Again, that is not the SOLE thing I am basing it on. And it is not idiotic, it is a part of the sport. Yes, sometimes the wrong guy wins, but usually it is the best or at least arguably the best player out there. There is always going to be a contingent of people saying this or that guy should have won for this reason or that reason, but typically, the voters get it right.
On the list of things that are important for judging a player, voted on awards and team accomplishments should always be at the bottom.

Quote:
How about Matt Holliday (didn't notice him the first time when I said David Wright should have won...Holliday really should have won)? Would he have passed him in those categories? Holliday played in just 26 more games but had 39 more hits, 16 more runs, 14 more HR, 34 more RBI, 2 more SB, 13 more walks, eight points higher BA, 34 points higher SLG, and 36 points higher OPS. Still Utley?
Coors Field??

Again, Chase Utley plays 2nd base, not corner outfield. Putting up those types of numbers while not being a butcher at your position like Uggla is what makes him so valuable. There is a big difference between 1B, LF/RF, and 2B.

The reason Rollins won the MVP was because he put up those numbers at SS, same thing with McCutchen this year, and Posey before him.

McCutchen wasn't in the top 5 in the NL for HR's, RBI's, Runs, Avg, SLG%, OPS, Doubles, or Triples. Maybe you'd say he shouldn't of won? But he has an MVP.

There's a reason that the HOF 2B don't have prolific offensive numbers.

Quote:
Agree to disagree I suppose.
Agreed.