View Single Post
Old
01-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
As far as Meszaros goes, he's playing better lately and he does have better offensive tools then the majority of our D, but he's been horrible for most of the season and it feels like he gets a lot of favoritism from the coaching staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Carter only played 15 or so regular season games for the Kings and scored 6 goals, I think. The Kings were a black hole on offense in 2011/12 that happened to get hot at the right time, have a hot goalie and get some favourable match-ups along the way to the Cup (Vancouver, St. Louis, Phoenix, New Jersey is about as great a run as you can get).

Edit: The Kings also scored 63 goals in 21 games after the Carter acquisition; I can't believe that led the league.
Carter has been the best goal scorer on LA since his acquisition so he was definitely a good acquisition, but LA's Cup win was more flukey then any other Cup win in recent memory.

LA barely made it into the playoffs and weren't a good goal scoring team that season. Quick also posted some absurd stats way above his career numbers while the rest of the team got hot and the matchups worked out.

Even this season LA isn't doing as well as some of the better teams in the West and they're still struggling to score goals.

Not trying to discredit their Cup win as they are a very good team and the playoffs revolve around short sample sizes of teams getting hot, but on a personal level I really do see the LA Cup win as pretty flukey.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote