View Single Post
Old
01-10-2014, 05:33 PM
homefrontnyc
w/e

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
As an Manhattanite living on a budget, I'd absolutely go to AHL games in the Bronx regardless of affiliation.

I'm priced out of Rangers games at this point, unless it's a midweek game against a western conference team, and sometimes a guy just wants to throw some back at a live game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Yeah I only go when I take clients and honestly I don't even wanna do that anymore. I haven't been to a game since 11-12 playoffs. It's just too expensive for what you're getting. Not worth it, whatsoever. Rather watch on tv.
I mean not for nothing but even if 3% of Rangers fans who would normally go to a game NOW decide they'd rather save their money and spend $12 to see the Pack it could take a toll on Rangers attendance. Imagine it when the Rangers are bad. I know Islanders fans who, during the darker years, would take the ferry across to Bridgeport because they'd rather watch prospects than a terrible NHL product. What if the Rangers hit a skid and you STILL can't get tickets below $50-60? My family didn't pay to watch those teams of those early-mid 2000's that were frustratingly bad and neither did a lot of other fans. The Knicks before their "rebuild" were selling tickets for as low as $4 at one point!

homefrontnyc is offline   Reply With Quote