View Single Post
Old
01-10-2014, 07:14 PM
SillyMe

vCash: 500
Good Thread.

I used to play hockey in Peewees, but wasn't on skates for 34 years until this week (bought a pair of RBZ70 last Saturday and have been to free skate twice this week- with almost NOONE there!).

I am now trying to get my legs back under me, so I can at least participate in StickTime around here, which requires a minimum of Helmet and gloves.
I bought a cheap helmet,gloves ( Bauer 2100/cage, and X3.0 gloves), and a Warrior DT5LT (55) just to get me in, but I'm realizing I will need at least shinpads to really get me in...
I've been searching everywhere for info for everything from shinpads, to compression pants/cup/shirts, jerseys/socks/shoulders/elbows, etc....it's tiring!
This is a good place to start, and is much appreciated.
Being only 5'8"/145, I have found that I can even fit into some Jr. stuff to save some $....which is nice!
I'm 49, so I have no delusions(especially after all that time off....I used to be a good skater, but you'd never know it!), but I want to be prepared for when I DO finally feel strong enough on my skates to get back into it.
Do I need to say that I've been everywhere searching for ALL the info I can about EVERYTHING?

Thanks for the thread.

Gary

SillyMe is offline   Reply With Quote