View Single Post
Old
01-24-2007, 02:30 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trench23 View Post
Sorry guys, working in a big brick building prevents me from hearing the interview-- Did he mention anything about Kaspar being waived? or was that reported after the interview?

I would love to see Baranka play in NY... loved everything he did in the preaseason for what i saw, think he could be a stud up here.
Nope, must have been prior.

Actually, it IS a good interview. He not only says the right things, he says them emphatically. Mentions commitment from everyone within the organization. Says that the shift in philosophy really began last year and the reason the kids aren't up in droves is that they're trying to do it the right way and not rush anyone. Everyone at HFD has made progress and they will be bringing someone up in the next 7-10 days to join the big club. AND while he used the ol' "can't comment on other teams players" excuse multiple times, he actually broke down and did make the specific comment that they would not do a Staal for Forsberg trade. Stunning to hear, really. Listen to the interview when you get time - it will make you feel much better about the rebuild.

And then of course Sather could go out tomorrow and betray you, but still - you will have felt better at least for tonight.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote