View Single Post
Old
01-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
This game will be an interesting litmus test for Berube. The Lightning gave Laviolette's teams fits in recent years, no matter where they were in the standings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
While I generally support what you're saying, the last two wins were against back-ups.
I suspect this effect rates from somewhere near non-existent to very small and completely overblown. I may take some time to go through the gamelogs and see if there's any truth to it. At the very least, it's highly amplified by confirmation bias. Losses to backups just stick out more and are easily fit into the narrative, while it appears the wins are quickly forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
The only thing that's usually any good about games vs the Lightning is the GDT - so much animosity and other goodness from the Lindros era to revisit.

Glad it's in Philly - I have always hated watching any of the old southeast home games.

Atlanta
Washington
Carolina
Florida
Tampa

Granted - there were some good teams. There's just never any life in any of those buildings and it makes for crappy tv viewing. It's quiet as hell, the camera angles seem bad, the HD seems dull and the lights seem lower. So much more fun to watch a game broadcast from a traditional hockey market - so much more energy.

Atlanta was probably the worst of the bunch. Washington has a pretty good building, but I agree, the rest are still very dull on a usual night.

Last edited by Damaged Goods: 01-10-2014 at 09:20 PM.