View Single Post
Old
01-24-2007, 03:44 PM
dave4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
ALot of these points such as Prucha's ice time, Shanny's ice time, Krog on the 2nd line are not rebuild issues, but issues concerning Renny's coaching decisions which, IMO, have been very lacking..And I don't think Maloney is going to comment on that...

Maloney's take on the organizational philosophy seems consistent with Renney's in that, though a kid or two might have been ready at the start, they both wanted to leave the kids in Hartford to learn more and develop more..I think they made the right decisions and now the kids are ready and better and the Rangers are ready to use them (maybe)...

And of course, Maloney is going to practice GM-speak, they all do..I have no doubt the Rangers are looking at a 2nd C via trade even if he doesn't play it up...ANd I agree with him...Dubinsky, though he may be able to contribute in the nHL is probably better served in Hartford and IMMO is just not a 2nd C..heck I don't even know if he's 4th line C with his lack of speed, energy and physicality...
I disagree that Renney's decisions are separate from the overall philosophy of the team. The coach, assistant GM, figurehead GM, and anyone else with decision-making capabilities need to be together on this. If the coach isn't on the same page, he should be fired.

If Renney is separate everything Maloney said meant nothing, because it doesn't matter how many of the kids who are progressing so nicely are called up, it won't matter, because RENNEY WON'T PLAY THEM. Or won't play them as much as he plays Colton Orr.

And until the Rangers are ready to use them, they aren't ready to use them. I don't want to be told how well the kids are going to play someday, if everyone is doing their job players would already be graduating to the big team. They're not.

It's not like this regime just took over here, they've all been here a while, and still there is very little to show, either in victories or prospects, to validate any effectiveness whatsoever of this management team.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote