View Single Post
Old
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
I disagree that Renney's decisions are separate from the overall philosophy of the team. The coach, assistant GM, figurehead GM, and anyone else with decision-making capabilities need to be together on this. If the coach isn't on the same page, he should be fired.

If Renney is separate everything Maloney said meant nothing, because it doesn't matter how many of the kids who are progressing so nicely are called up, it won't matter, because RENNEY WON'T PLAY THEM. Or won't play them as much as he plays Colton Orr.

And until the Rangers are ready to use them, they aren't ready to use them. I don't want to be told how well the kids are going to play someday, if everyone is doing their job players would already be graduating to the big team. They're not.

It's not like this regime just took over here, they've all been here a while, and still there is very little to show, either in victories or prospects, to validate any effectiveness whatsoever of this management team.
Obviously, as I mentioned in my previous post, they do agree on the overall philosphy of the organization....I also don't think that is the problem....What is separate is that ice time, merit benchings/promotions, line combinations and resulting chemistry are all Renney's doing..I don't think Maloney and Sather play a role other then accepting Renney's decision...If you want to blast them for that, I agree....

I'll admit that part of the overall problem has been the lack of 1-2 youngsters providing energy and young legs.....I think Management knew that but did what's best for the lomng term development of the kids ...ANd I agree in every instance except for the use of Pock..Now the kids are better, playing great hockey, and even more ready... And the Rangers need them..Some should play...

As far as validating, ..This year was never gonna be the year where the kids skated all over the ice.....The funny thing is that many Rangers fans just want the Rangers to play the kids and show patience, but that is exactly what they are doing--showing patience in their development, even if it meant maybe not doing the best thing for the NHL team.

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote