View Single Post
Old
01-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Damaged Goods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Half the top six is producing at even strength. I'll let you guess which half that is.

And I'm not so sure why people make such a big deal of players playing on their off wings. Voracek does it. Some players are more effective on certain wings, sure, but it's not always the strong wing.

I'm very happy the team is winning games, but I want to see Giroux get his even strength game going. A team can not be successful long term if it's best offensive threat is not producing consistently at even strength. Like I said, the Leafs were content just winning games, but they paid no heed to the underlying issues that were casting a shadow on their success. Well, I don't want that to happen to the Flyers. Sure, the team's winning. That doesn't mean we should be satisfied with everything.

I'm not terrified to experiment. Why is it necessary to keep G at center? He's not exactly a world beater south of the red line. I want to see Schenn playing with Giroux and Voracek, and if there's one thing that Schenn's proven, it's that he needs to be at center to be successful. That lends itself to a pretty natural solution: Giroux-Schenn-Voracek.

I mean, the top line has put up three ES goals in the last eight games. Could this idea really be that bad?

I'm actually not so sure that's been proven. The last two years he's been inconsistent at center and at wing. Shuffling around between different positions can't help, but it's hard to know exactly where he fits among the top-6. I'm a proponent of Giroux centering Schenn and Voracek to start off. It's a no-brainer to have Giroux taking the draws over Schenn (he's 10 points better) so you might as well keep things simple and have him be your #1 center all the time.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote