View Single Post
Old
01-24-2007, 06:10 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
Guys, I understand that part of it, but if he is going to say that way the team is structured 8-10 kids can play... well that isn't something that just happened overnight. And by that I mean that the team wasn't structured that way overnight. This team was built around Jagr, Shanny, Nylander and Straka. It's been obvious since day 1 that Hossa, Hall, Ward, Betts and Cullen are just fluff. But dispite that fact for half a season they have called up replacements at a minimum. They have gone out of their way to play kids at times (Orr, Ozolinsh). I won't argue that 10 kids have been ready this whole time, but at least a few have during a decent part of the first 41 games.

But fine, we'll say for arguments sake that suddenly the kids are ready. We'll see how it's lipservice when 1-2 kids get called up the rest of the season. The team is supposedly structured so that a whopping 8 kids can play right now, but as a rebuilding team they will fail to act on that. This team ain't winning a cup and it might not make the playoffs, so it's obvious in which direction we should go. And if your argument against that is that playing them now might hurt them, well then I guess the team isn't structured so that 8-10 kids can play now.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote