Old
01-11-2014, 04:01 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Don't know, but I'm assuming if he gives it a go he thinks he has a chance.

I don't know the process of getting something overtuned, but I do know that this suspension is totally bogus and I can't fathom how anyone could possibily think he deserves more than 50 games.

The rules are what they are. They say 50 games on a first failed drug test. He never even failed a test. Everyone else suspended with A-rod was given 50 games, why does he deserve more?

I honestly can't even debate this stuff. Like, nothing has ever been clearer to me. I've never been so sure of myself, this entire thing is so unfair and designed to make A-Rod the scapegoat.

Its all common sense to me. No contest, no debate to be had in my mind. If it'll be overtuned, dont know. No idea how the process works but if they look at the rules of the MLB, I don't see how they can uphold this.
A-Rod agreed to arbitration by playing in the MLB. Arbitration exists so the courts are not utilized for matters better decided outside the court. A baseball suspension is a matter that is better decided outside the court.

By agreeing to arbitration, A-Rod has little to no chance of having the award reversed. It's almost impossible. He'd have to likely show that the arbitrator was biased or something. Even arbitration awards based on the misunderstanding of a contract (thus the award would be considered "wrong") are not overturned in court.

You can say all you want about how unfair it is. The arbitration award has maybe a 1% chance of being overturned. And I'm being generous.

I assume that A-Rod already spent somewhere in the 7 figures during the arbitration process. An actual trial would cost even more.