View Single Post
Old
01-11-2014, 08:14 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
And two of those goals were with Smith/Cullen finally being reunited.

Clunes goal was a fluke mid-air bat in goal. It happens maybe once a year for the entire team. It wasn't even a standard tip/deflection of puck. Gaustad's goal was handed to him by Borque's pass.

Are you being a contrarian or do you really think these are good, well-thought out lines.
I conceded the lines are ugly but guess what .... five out of the past seven games with 3 or more goals scored. You complain about the lines, then cite that Gaustad's goal was the direct result of a pass from his linemate with the secondary assist from his other linemate. How horrible that a line that on paper looks like it shouldn't work resulted in all three forwards getting a point. I don't care how pretty or ugly the goals we score happen to be. All I care is that the team scores enough to give it a good chance to win. Netting three goals in game after game gives them a chance. Maz allowing three or more in seven of his last ten starts makes it tough. Hutton letting in soft goals makes it tough.

The problem against the Ducks wasn't that our lines didn't generate offense. The problem was that the team once again let in far too many goals. We've held the opposition to 2 or fewer goals just six times since Thanksgiving.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote