Old
01-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Jets are a lost cause for the Jets.

It's almost as if there's some type of mystical force that exists between the Rockies and Thunder Bay that prevents anything good from happening north of the border the past half decade.
I've believed that myself in many other non-hockey respects. I would do anything to get out of this place.

The Jets are easy to diagnose though. A significant portion of that team doesn't want to be there. They can say all the right things in front of the microphone but it's the truth. Winnipeg is a small city with basically zero things to recommend it to someone with millions of dollars. There's guys there who will demand a trade sometime in the next calendar year and more that wish they had the cahoneys to.

As for the Flames, they just have no talent whatsoever. The team was destroyed by Sutter. They had the absolute worst team building philosophy the league has seen since Mike Smith thought the secret to winning was maximum Russians. They'll be bad for years.

And the Oilers? Lots of talent, no supporting cast, no desire, no coaching, no defense, no goaltending. Hall is a headcase who will demand out of Edmonton at some point, Yakupov is another Semin. But they'll be better sooner than the Flames will be.