View Single Post
Old
01-25-2007, 02:29 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellerfan View Post
Boynton is worth Prucha Imo. Prucha hasn't played all that well. Nolan has played better than Prucha. Leneveu has 2 wins out of three games played this season, how many does Montoya have? I actually would rather keep lenny but I was wondering what you guys thought of his value. It was a stupid thing to include Montoya but then again Sather is at the helm , so anything come deadline day is possiable .
I don't find much value in Boynton. At least to us. He really hasn't done much in his career. A few decent seasons in Boston. Lately? The last two seasons he's missed a handful of games from injuries. He's in his prime years (28) and has yet to solidify a reputation. This season, 2 assists in 25 games? Prucha on the other hand is a sophomore. This season, he hasn't been used properly but he has shown that he is still effective those rare times he has been used properly. Or like last season. Our "Assistant" GM has stated that Prucha is in the team's long term plans. He skates well. He has so much heart and drive. Especially from our P.O.V. Boynton is no where near Prucha. Why would the Rangers trade for Boyton anyways? He isn't going to solve our problems on the PP point. He'd just log jam an already crowded blueline that's waiving Kaspar and possibly others to make room for some young defensemen. No sir, if Prucha is traded, it will be for a big impact player like Lecavlier or a sure fire #1 center prospect like Mueller.

I don't think two teams have just traded their top goalie prospects (both whom they seem to like) just because it was the trade deadline and the GM's were like "hey, this will be fun!"

Montoya == Mueller. The thing is, you guys do have LeNeveu so acquiring Monty doesn't sound like good asset management but you've already admitted it was silly, so we forgive you.

Nolan is not a center. He is old. He is past his prime. A thousand 'no thanks' I'm pretty sure we don't want him even if you're giving him away.

I just don't see the Yotes as good trading partners at this time. You guys don't really have any 1st or 2nd line centers you're willing to part with do you?

And I don't know the scouting on Hanzal but the Rangers also had a prospect who led the WHL in scoring. His name was Pavel Brendl.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote