View Single Post
Old
01-25-2007, 03:05 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
It have been a while now, but not all that long ago I heard reports of how NYR were the team with the most drafted players in the NHL.
maybe with our long history. that wouldn't surprise me. If you look in JUST the 80s, names that I recall from the list are

Quote:
James Patrick, Jan Erixon, Peter Sundstrom, Beezer, Chris Kontos, Tomas Sandstrom, Corey Millen, Tony Granato, Kelly Miller, Dave Gagner, Ulf Nilsson, Terry Carkner, Paul Broten, Kjell Samuelsson, Kevin Miller, Ulf Dahlen, Mike Richter, Rudy Poeschek, Brian Leetch, Mark Janssens, Darren Turcotte, Jay More, Daniel Lacroix, Mike Sullivan, Troy Mallette, Tony Amonte, Dennis Vial, Steve Rice, Rob Zamuner, Louie DeBrusk, Jim Cummins, Aaron Miller, Joby Messier, & Roman Oksiuta.
Unforunately, the 90s and 00s haven't been so fruitful. And as you know, we traded most of those players from our team and most of them are retired by now. See how much smaller the list is despite nearly twice as many picks.

Quote:
Doug Weight, Sergei Zubov, Sergei Nemchinov, Alexei Kovalev, Corey Hirsch, Peter Ferraro*, Mattias Nprstrom, Eric Cairns, Chris Ferraro*, Niklas Sundstrom, Todd Marchant, Dan Cloutier, Sylvain Blouin, Kim Johnsson, Christian Dube*, Marc Savard, Dale Purinton, Mike York, Johan Holmqvist, Manny Malhotra, Jason Labarbera, Tomas Kloucek, Jamie Lundmark, Dom Moore, Henrik Lundqvist, Dan Blackburn, Fedor Tyutin, Garth Murray, Marek Zidlicky, Ryan Hollweg, & Petr Prucha

* borderline NHL careers.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote