View Single Post
Old
01-25-2007, 09:08 AM
cringer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Sure he would....maybe just not yet. I can't wait til the day when our management includes:

Messier, Graves, Leetch, Richter
Just because those guys were heros at one time or another on the ice does not in any way indicate they would make for great coaches, GM's or other managerial positions.

I think Richter would make a good color analyst. I only say that because I listened to him sit in with Sam and JD a number of times and he seems to have a knack for it.

Messier I think possibly could be head coach material, but it would have to be something he really desires, and I'm not sure he desires to be an NHL head coach.

Adam graves is already employed by the Rangers as "Special Assistant, Prospect Development and Community Relations". He's basically a goodwill/charity/welcome wagon ambassador for the team. Given his personable demeanor, I think that suits him best. I don't know that he has any higher aspirations than that in this or any other NHL organization.

I don't think Leetch wants anything to do with the Rangers because of his unceremonious banishing at the hands of glen Sather, after 15 years as a Ranger. That's my opinion.

But what do I know? I thought JD was going to be the Rangers color guy till he retired... and off he went to run St. Louis. I didn't see that coming so...

cringer is offline   Reply With Quote