View Single Post
Old
01-12-2014, 03:07 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by SERE 24 View Post
Jamie McGinn isn't a fourth liner on any team in the NHL, least of all ours. I don't know if you watch him, so I'm not going to accuse you of stat grabbing, but the statement alone sounds like a classic case of it. McGinn is a ton like Hagelin. An ideal third liner who can play on the second. When he plays top six minutes, he produces fairly consistently. With Duchene, O'Reilly, Landeskog, Stastny, Parenteau, Tanguay and MacKinnon (seven guys) all ahead of him in a very talented Colorado offense, he doesn't get those minutes a lot and instead plays with guys like Mitchell and Talbot 90% of the time. He would have more chances at the top six here as we're nowhere near as rich offensively and more PP time and would be a nice option as a larger, much more physical almost identical to Hagelin. Even so, he's not a fourth liner anywhere. He's a good hockey player.
I'm not saying he is a fourth liner, but he'd be the 6th/7th best winger on this team and I'm leaning towards 7th.

He isn't better than Nash, Zuccarello, Hagelin, Kreider, or Callahan. And with the way Pouliot has played lately I'd keep him in the top-9 over McGinn.

McGinn and Pouliot both have 16p, and we can all agree that the Rangers have had more trouble scoring than the Avs - making Pouliot's 16p slightly more impressive.

Add on the fact that Pouliot has been the better player over the past three seasons and I don't see how McGinn would be much of an upgrade.

Of course, if we move Callahan a spot opens up which makes the move more reasonable.

I'm not saying McGinn doesn't have value, I'm saying he doesn't have much value to the Rangers as they are currently made up.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote