View Single Post
Old
01-12-2014, 03:20 AM
SERE 24
LGR

vCash: 500
Pouliot hasn't been the better player over the past three seasons. He's put up more points. He's a pretty useless hockey player otherwise. And he's been used in more offensive roles. Phil numbers this year aren't more impressive either because, again, McGinn plays with guys like Mitchell and Talbot while Pouliot gets time with Zucc and Brass and plays PP. Moreover, this team could use toughness, but toughness that can skate and play the game and contribute. That's McGinn. Pouliot is a one year stop gap journeyman with absolutely no higher upside than what we're currently seeing. McGinn would be a good long term acquisition and, if given the same opportunities Pou has been given here, would easily out produce him while providing plenty of things Pou doesn't provide. I'm also taking into consideration moving Cally, which I think is the smart move, which gives you two spots where McGinn would fit. Finally, you want options. We switch the lines up a lot. Even if McGinn did end up taking a lot of shifts with Boyle and Dorsett, those line mates wouldn't be worse than what he currently skates with (and still matches Pou) and he'd be available to slot up if someone is having a bad game, is hurt, goes cold for a long stretch or we decide to move someone else to strengthen a different position. By no means would McGinn be the main piece of any deal, but he's a player I would love to get back as a part because of his versatility, upside and his grit but ability to be more than a fourth liner makes him the kind of player I think we need. That's all. He's no second coming. I just think he'd be a solid pickup that provides lots of utility and some much needed toughness that can actually play.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote