View Single Post
01-12-2014, 04:32 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Calgary has to have a fire sale. They can't score. Literally. Shutout in 5 of last 7 games.

Feaster created a fiasco. Cammaleri, Hudler, Giordano, Wideman, and Stempniak are all ghosts.

Colborne is an idiot. He always has been. Tries to pick a fight with his back turned to the puck, and it goes in the net and he's oblivious.

That 4th round pick is more valuable than he is. Bust.
Agreed, and you can question if they shouldn't have had it 2-3 years ago.

But, now, if they were to have one, those assets they have will bring in assets for sure. Even if its not 1st rounders and grade A-B prospects, they would definitely get a bit of a jump start if Wideman, Cammalleri, Hudler and co are dealt.

And if you move into Buffalo land, I think we will see that NMCs or NTCs only means that the player gets a say in where he is going and not that the players can't be moved. I know that this is more or less outspoken during negotiations. With the 35 y/o's with a family, its no-move. With the late 20's signing, its i) I won't be unprotected when everyone else is protected, and ii) I want a say in where I am going. If its like a 29-33 y/o with a NMC that is presented with a option of 3-4 more or less contenderst that are interested in him, I think most will waive their NTCs or NMCs.

I am definitely not saying that NMC's and NTC's don't have an effect. But they aren't absolute without exceptions.

Last edited by Ola: 01-12-2014 at 04:38 AM.