View Single Post
Old
01-12-2014, 08:30 AM
Prongo
Beer

vCash: 500
I see an Evander Kane move more of an off season move anyway. The asking price at the deadline is just going to be stupid. I am one who doesn't believe we would run him out of town, he just has to perform and get along with the media. If he has trouble doing that, then he is in trouble. If they are open to trading him, we should always look at the defense market first. Call around to see what players are on the market.

Two top needs on this team are

Top pairing defender- This is top priority, we need the likes of a Weber or another young top end defenseman to anchor our back end for ten years+. Call around the league and see what type of guys are available(no not Buff) and continue to try and find him up to draft and even further.

Top line winger for Giroux- Kane would be nice along Giroux, but we need the defender first. If nothing materializes in the defense market, then start looking for that winger. I have no problems with us making a trade at draft with our first rounder, especially how good we have been playing late. There will be some talent there, but most of the game breaking talent will be long gone. If we can move that pick for Kane(I know it takes more) or even Ryan, I have no problems with it. Chances are those players never come anywhere close to what those two are anyway.

Always look to improve your team, just don't kill your depth over it. Make the deal worth it for both sides.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote