View Single Post
Old
01-25-2007, 10:38 AM
dave4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I don't know for sure yet. The way trends have gone in the past when young players come up, they wont get major minutes unless someone goes down or plays horribly. I hope his playing time does not come at the expense of Pock as well. If someone sits it should be Malik or Rachunek imo. It's pointless to bring a kid up that is a key part to Hartford's D and suppose to start in the AHL All-Star game this weekend to only play 4 minutes or watch the game from the luxury boxes, but we are talking about Renney and the Rangers here so I really have no idea lol.

I hope that Girardi gets a fair shot but its a crap shoot when it comes to Renney and his youth management. When young players make mistakes so far this season (Pock, Prucha, Immonen, Callahan, Dawes) they either get bench, scratched, or sent back to Hartford. It seems that Renney only gives them one chance to prove themselves instead of like 2 to 4 weeks to actually find their game and transition from the AHL to the NHL. Its a joke if you ask me. Talk about immediate gratification that Renney wants. lol
Rookie Wojtek Wolski had one assist and was a total of -1 in his first two games for the Avs this year. Another Rookie, Paul Stastny, had no points and was -3 in those same two games.

In Tom Renney's world these players are banished to the bench or the minors, in favor of old retreads. In the real hockey world they have a total of 29 goals and 70 points between them at the all-star break.

And Tom Renney isn't the only one to blame here. Maloney can't come on a radio station and pontificate about youngsters getting ready when we all know they won't be given a real opportunity to play and learn.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote