View Single Post
Old
01-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave4 View Post
What I was trying to point out was the absurdity of Maloney saying they'd consider trading Prucha for something that would help 'in the long run'. Prucha is just about the only player the Rangers have who will hopefully help them 'in the long run' if coached properly.

Here's a crazy idea...how about trading one of our OLDER guys for a guy like Malone, so we can keep Prucha? How about actually getting younger while also getting better 'in the long run'?

When that happens I'll believe what Maloney said yesterday is the truth. Until there's proof, it's just more BS from our Super-Genius GM.
Well for one, a lot of teams may not want to trade their good, young talent for the Rangers older players. And again, if there's a player out there who would be better for the Rangers long term than Prucha, and the only way to get that player is to trade Prucha...then sometimes that's what you have to do to have a better hockey team.

Hey, I wouldn't be happy if the Rangers traded Prucha for Malone. I wouldn't feel like it's a successful move for the future. I'm not justifying that trade in particular. I'm just saying that if the right scenario came along, it could make sense to trade Prucha.

Again, if the Rangers could land someone like a healthy Ruutu and it involved sending Prucha the other way, I'd do it in a second.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote