View Single Post
Old
01-12-2014, 01:07 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I wasn't so much saying we lack a checking line and should have one, but more that the third line has no role as currently constructed.

Tampa is loaded with two-way players. As is Chicago. The Rangers are not. Too many one dimensional players. Can't load up a line of just those players.

Hell, if we had Hagelin-Miller-Callahan as our third line I'd be a lot happier with that than Pouliot-Brass-Zucc. We very much lack in defensive play from our forwards, and unless we're getting Toews and Parise to play in the top 6, need to fill those roles on the 3rd line.

Team needs more dimensions, period.
Agree wholeheartedly with this. The best teams in the NHL have players that play complete games. That's not to say teams can't carry more one-dimensional players...but they key word is "carry". And one-dimensional does not just mean offensive players, it means the Brian Bickell's of the league too.

The Rangers have too many players that only excel at one thing. Which makes it difficult to play cohesively or adapt to what your opponent is throwing at you.

I think a Marcus Foligno/Jamie McGinn type player would be a nice addition to the third line. They can keep up with Brassard and MZA while adding another dimension.