View Single Post
Old
01-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Frankie41987

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
The point is exactly that this team has improved. Isn't that the point of rebuilding? I'd also like to remind everyone of the FACT that this rebuild was done entirely through the draft, and at the start of this season six of the last seven first rounders were still developing in the minors.

Now we have Strome, de Haan and Nelson contributing, with Reinhart likely getting in next season. We're at the tail and of the rebuild, but still very much in the rebuild.

And I fully stand by my statement that anyone who isn't happy with the speed of the rebuild is being completely irrational. No team goes from where we came from to a contender as fast as some of you would like. And if they did, they aren't going to maintain that success for long, because it would mean they did it by signing every UFA under the sun (something we were never able to do).
I agree with you, and I think the most important thing to keep in mind during a rebuild is that you're building a core that will continue to improve and not a team that transiently is getting better. I also understand the perspective of some that this process could of been accelerated through trade/FA, but for the most part I'm sympathetic towards the frustrating situation of attracting FA to sign here. Snow's could of tried to improve the team through trades but that would have meant losing key prospects who are playing for the team right now.

Frankie41987 is offline   Reply With Quote