Thread: News Article: Downie scratched versus NYR
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2014, 02:55 PM
Raffl House

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I feel like this is an excuse to get Rosehill into the line up against a division rival. Downie had an awful game yesterday...but why does he get scratched when other guys (Hartnell, Simmonds, Schenn, etc) went through LONG stretches of poor play this year and stayed in the line up?

Hopefully Read is back and healthy soon so they can put that line back together. This Vinny-Coots combo hasnt been working well for anyone involved.
It's not just yesterday...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMajestyk View Post
Downie has been awful since he came back and deserves this completely. He has led directly to numerous goals with silly turnovers, and most disturbing considering his normal game, getting easily knocked off the puck. Could be injury residue but he is going down with the slightest body contact.
This. I've noticed it since he has come back...he just doesn't look like the same player. I don't know if he was upset that he was on a featured line prior to his absence, and ended up on the fourth line with limited minutes upon his return? Either way...you need to battle and his compete level wasn't even close to his pre-injury days.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote