View Single Post
Old
01-25-2007, 05:33 PM
UAGoalieGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
solve all your defensive problems, ha ha well some of them. Trade fan favorite Hall and Rachunek to L.A for Norstrom. Waiving Darius has freed up some room, and getting rid of Hall and Rachuneks contracts (2.8 mil) will help towards the remainder on Norstroms contract (approx 1.9 mil this year and 4.25 mil next).

It gives you a tough as nails vet who can anchor the 2nd pairing, moving Ward to the 3rd pairing to anchor it with a possible Pock or Girard player. Less minutes make Ward more effective and keeps him fresher for the playoffs. Hell he could probably play top line pairing with Rozival or Tyutin providing that defensive safewall.

L.A gains Rachunek who is still young enough to try and fill the hole trading another ex Senator Gleason left when he was traded, a servicable player in Hall who can fill in when Conroy, or Armstrong is dealt and cap space for next year.

Rangers gain a defensive cornerstone to help the playoff run this year and to mentor a guy like Staal next year. They lose two fan whipping boys that make a combined 2.8 mil and are both scheduled for restricted free agency. They keep there prospect pool intact and can call up a Dawes, Dubinsky, Immonen type player to fill in Halls spot. Still wont cure there 2nd line depth problem but a rather cost effective way of fixing part of the defence.

Thoughts

Although I would love to have Norstrom back in a Rangers uniform, at his cap hit and age I don't know if I would want him now. I'd rather give the spot to Baranka or Girardi next season and use all the cap space gained from letting ozo go, waiving Kaspar, and either trading or resigning Rachunek at a lower cost towards trying to sign a UFA center.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote