Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Preds recall Filip Forsberg
View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 12:54 AM
MrJoshua

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
In other words, the guys that are part of the re-build we have so many clamoring for while it's actually happening.
Exactly. I think a lot of people say "rebuild" but they really mean "instantly better". It just doesn't work that way. This team isn't a veteran forward away from a Cup run. The offense needs a serious injection of talent, and that's only going to happen by building through drafting and development. If someone is available during free agency, great, but these days that's even rarer than it was before. You're not going to see a Paul Kariya type of player on the market this summer.

Let Forsberg develop and grow. Trade off a veteran forward or two this year for high draft picks or blue-chip prospects. Add young talent. Then DEVELOP them properly. We're at least a couple of seasons away from competing (barring somebody big coming onto the FA market this summer and Poile managing to land them). Don't rush it. Let the defense gel. Let Rinne get completely healthy before coming back. And let the offensive prospects come through the system the way they're supposed to. The team will be better for it in the long run.

Of course that could just be my optimistic side speaking. I guess time will tell.

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote