DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Have you watched him play?
Heeter or Emery?

I've seen Heeter very limited, but I am not knocking him at all. Emery I have seen play, and he doesn't look great. He's played well at times, and bad at others. My point is simply that if this was Erik Gustaffsson (or another younger player) people would likely be saying well just wait and see let's see what he can do, he can improve, he'll get better, etc. With veterans it is seems to always be, ok well this guy isn't going anywhere we need to replace him. With a younger player, I get it, it is likely that their play will improve. I understand. But it is not a given and their improvement is not guaranteed to reach the level you hope, even if they do improve. With a veteran, they don't always back either, but Emery (as recently as last season) has shown he can still play at a high level.

Emery hasn't looked good in all 13 of his games (13), but why are we talking about replacing him all of the sudden? We don't have patience to see if he can rebound? I'm not saying he will, and I'm not even necessarily saying that I'd be against replacing him, I just find it odd that there is no patience for a slumping veteran, but all the patience in the world for players around 25 or younger. I once again point out that people were ready to take the C from Claude Giroux earlier this year because of a poor start.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote