View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Psuhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Who do you keep and who do you possibly trade? This team needs to figure out if we are contenders or not. We have players that teams probably covet to make a push into the playoffs. We also have a nice group of young talented forwards to continue to build around.

The team needs to know where they stand going into the Olympic Break, and who they could target or possibly trade.

Players you keep:

Giroux
Voracek
Couts
Schenn
Read
Simmer

Players who could be had if we are out of contention:

Kimmo Timonen(I would expect a very nice return for him)
Hartnell-hard to judge
Vinny-If he would be open to a trade, St Louis would love to have him probably
Mez-just leave
Streit-isn't going anywhere, but I would try to move him

The players I left out are players like Coburn, Grossmann, Hall, VV, who are players we should probably keep or players who will return nothing in trades.

It will be interesting to watch the next few weeks to see where this team stands.
The flyers need NHL or close to NHL ready young mobile defensemen with decent puck skills. You are not going to get them without moving someone off of the players to keep category. Out of the group B. Schenn would be the one I would move with Lecavalier on the roster now and Laughton in the wings.

IMO the flyers need 3 things to be a true Stanley Cup contender if Mason turned out to be the real deal. They need 2 mobile defensemen with decent to great puck skills. They don't both have to be big point producers but have to make a good outlet pass and not be a disaster in their own zone. I think they could get one in UFA but not both. The 3rd thing is a top line left wing. Raffl is a nice support player but is not a top line forward.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote