View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 10:52 AM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I remember some Cinderella teams getting to the finals, and I guess in the East this year it's about as ripe as ever for a Cinderella team to get there, all it takes is a couple upsets to Boston and Pittsburgh along the way. Not necessarily by the same team either.

But did one of those Cinderellas actually beat a powerhouse in the finals? There are just so many beastly teams in the West right now... unless they somehow manage to kill eachother getting to the finals...

Anyway, it's not really contention to say that maybe by "some string of miracles" our team might get a Cup shot. Any team can say that once they make the playoffs. That's not real contention. But being a team that is at least reasonably confident of making the playoffs at all is a first step, and maybe that constitutes opening the window, at least? A tiny crack?

I want to see real improvements to the roster next season, though, not the kind of flailing that last summer produced, before I really feel like the team has taken a step.
As long as we don't face one of SJ, STL or LA in the finals we should be good

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote