View Single Post
Old
01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
If Shanny made these comments this thread would be 8 pages and a statue would be errected outside MSG...

To be honest i could care less what these guys say to the media..What else is Jagr going to say? "I think we suck and I'm the captain of a suck team!"

Everybody involved with this team needs to understand that actions speak louder then words...

From Sather to Maloney to Renney to Jagr to Adam Hall...

It's put up or shut up time...

Oh yeah...two cliches in one post...
I think it is noteworthy because people have been questioning Jagr's captaincy and forecasted him to begin his "typical" sulk. I know it has been Jaromir's M.O. in the past. But I truly believe this is a sign of Jagr's maturity. Jagr wanted to be a New York Ranger, he understands that he is what makes the team go, and is putting the onus on himself instead of crawling under a rock and cashing his paychecks. He took the All-Star break off in order to rehab his shoulder to put himself in a better position to help this team. I know talk is cheap and it will come down to his 2nd half performance, but I don't think one can say this is the same old Jagr...

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote