View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Perhaps most relevant from Monday's news that veteran GM Bryan Murray was extended through July 2016 was the expressed message that it's about winning now for the Ottawa Senators.

The rebuilding is over. It's time to go for it.

"The reason I'm on board, and I know the reason Eugene has me on board, is to try to get something done in the next short time," Murray said Monday.

"I think we do have a good number of young people I would think other organizations would be interested in," Murray said. "The Bobby Ryan deal [last summer] required us to give up a young player, a couple of young players, I think it's been a good thing for us and I believe it'll be a good thing for Anaheim. But, yes, we're open to talking about moving a young part or two to get the required player that we would need."

"We're not moving Curtis Lazar, I can tell you at this point in time," Murray said of his prized junior prospect who played for Canada at the world juniors. "But we do have a number of players that probably are deserving of playing some games or playing in the NHL that may not get a chance, because of our numbers up here, that we would talk to teams about for a more veteran-type player.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...-to-make-deals

from Senators realisticly as a Rangers fan i would be interested in: Cory Conacher, Zack Smith, Mika Zibanejad and Curtis Lazar (highly unlikely but you never know), Mark Stone, Jared Cowen, Mark Methot, Shane Prince, Matt Puempel, Mark Borowiecki