Thread: Cal Heeter
View Single Post
01-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Provolone & The Neck
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Because we simply do not have time for Emery to heal his hip, something which may never, ever happen considering the nature of the problem. That doesn't justify patience, especially not at a position as incredibly important as goal. Nothing sinks a team faster than bad goaltending. That's why it's justified.
Is his hip injured any more than it was last year? I honestly don't know the answer to this question. I haven't heard that he did anything to it since coming here. If it is, then ok I take back my entire argument. But I have not seen anything regarding that being the case.

His play has dramatically dropped off from his 6 starts in November. He has a gimpy hip. That's not something known to get better over time or with more work. Since November he has 8 appearances and 5 of them are under .910, some of them significantly under that mark. He has generally started looking slower and slower as time goes it looks like he's slow to even get up, which wasn't a problem to start the season.
Definitely a sample size worth making a decision.

Based on the progression we've seen there's very little reason to be patient, and he's 31 on top of that...not a good age to be dealing with chronic hip issues. If you don't understand that there's no point trying to explain further. It's been explained very clearly and very plainly to you, it seems like you're being willfully obtuse with this.
Again, this hip issue is not something new (unless I am missing something). He had the issue last season and was pretty much lights out. But now, over the last eight games, his hip injury is killing him and making play awful and there is no time to wait and see if he comes back. Again, unless he has re-injured his hip I don't see why this injury that didn't affect him last year when he was dominating, all of the sudden makes him worse than Michael Leighton.

Edit: Basically, there is VERY little upside to Emery. It's more than likely that, from here on out, it's only decline. Why bother being patient with that?
Again, I'm not so sure this small sample size shows anything at all. After those six games in November I didn't hear you talking about how we've got a solution in net, but these last 8 are the REAL Ray Emery.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote