View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 04:26 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

vCash: 500
Time To Right a Fundamental Issue That Has Been Present Since Nov.19 2011

Its time to admit we will not be contend for the cup till we get a top notch, franchise worthy player that can take control of any game; day in and day out.

We lost our most recent franchise player with the loss of Chris Pronger. Pronger literally meant that much to this organization.

Claude Giroux is a spectacular player. He is easily the most skilled player and complete player on this team. That said, he hasn't shown the ability to consistently take over a game when needed.

I'm not saying remove the C from Roo, I'm saying we are and have been missing a pivotal piece that pulls the team together. It becomes blatantly obvious when once again nobody from the coach to Claude could calm the forecheck that is consistently used against this team.

Thus it makes sense to seek a #1 D as our franchise player. Somebody that can control the flow of the game from our zone forward.

The most recent serious attempt to acquire such a piece was the OS of Shea Weber. I give props to Homer for having the balls to try such a move, however he did not succeed in finding such a player. I'd give Homer till the post season to make a major trade to find the player this team needs. If not its time to get off the Homer train. He has had his chance.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote