Old
01-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Ok, and like I said, if he has re-injured his hip, this is a different conversation. I haven't heard anything to that effect, but if that is the case then forget about it. Like I said from the beginning, I don't necessarily have a problem with moving on from Emery (I didn't even really want him here IIRC), my problem was the lack of patience people had with him in the absence of any recent injury. If he was injured, then nevermind.

But still, with a stat size this small, you shouldn't make any rash decisions. I mean, if you looked at it after November, this wouldn't be an issue. Now, 8 games later he is finished? I mean what if his next four games are lights out, does that mean we should re-sign him? That's the problem with these knee-jerk reactions to small sample sizes.

Still doesn't really indicate to me that he won't turn it around. Without an injury taking place (or re-injury taking place), you generally don't just fall off the map. Sure it is possible, but again, my idea of patience is a guy who put up ridiculous numbers last year, should be given a shot to turn it around after 13 games. Your opinion is that his injury that happened three years ago is just now turning him into Michael Leighton, something that doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, because I am not a doctor, but a terrible injury from three years ago that hasn't hampered his play over the last three years doesn't just all of the sudden make you suck. If Stamkos has a bad year three years from now will it be because of his broken leg this year? Of course not.

Ok then.

See above regarding the fact that it didn't stop him from putting up good numbers since the time of the injury. Without re-injuring the hip, I don't see why it all of the sudden is his downfall. Where was it last year in Chicago? Where was it the two prior years in Anaheim?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degeneration_%28medical%29

He doesn't need to "re-injure" his hip. It can just get worse and worse and affect him more and more as time goes on. And time has done nothing but go on since that injury. More wear and tear has occurred. Compared to what I saw from him in Anaheim and Chicago, and even compared to early in the year to now, he is wearing down. And his ceiling wasn't all that high to begin with.