View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 04:10 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
You're willing to tell me that any of Rinaldo, VV, or Rosehill would be getting fourth line minutes on the majority of teams around the league? Hell, Rosehill got dumped from a team that runs Colton Orr and Frazier McLaren on their fourth line routinely.

Hall is an alright player, but he wouldn't be playing every game for a lot of the upper echelon teams either.
A lot of teams round the league have pretty 'crappy' players on the 4th.

Anaheim, Boston, Carolina, Chicago, Dallas, LA and St. Louis off the top of my head are the only 4th lines in the league that I would consider 'good' through all three players, and even then some of the players may be good players, but not really suited for the role/likely not to be there for long as they would be top 9 on many teams.

I do agree though that the 4th line philosophy the Flyers have is negative IMO. Yes, a guy like Rosehill can have a place, but in very limited games a year... like 20. Both Rinaldo and Rosehill is stupid though. (though if Rinaldo can play ~6 to 10 mins a night the way he did last year he is a decent 4th liner.)

When fully healthy this team could field a 4th line of consisting of 3 of:

McGinn, Raffl, Hall, VDV and Downie (with one of Downie or Raffl playing in the top nine)... which would frankly be a pretty decent 4th...yet they never will.