View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 07:46 PM
originalpredfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
I can't wait until somebody totally blows me up over my opinion, but I sincerely believe that Trotz cares less about winning than he does pursuing his mythical "Predator Way". In fact, I've felt this way for at least a couple of seasons or longer. Between his ridiculous and delusional comments suggesting that how they play trumps the final score, (mis)management of games, inability to make in-game changes, unwillingness to embrace a different long term strategy and style of play, absurd line combos, double standard among players and their playing time and a dozen other things, I can come to no other conclusion with Trotz.

All pro franchises use winning as the measuring stick, except this one I guess, so the blame should be spread to Poile and ownership as well for not embracing a culture of winning and success and instead this bizarre "Predator Way". The team Poile has assembled was never built to win, but rather fit this "Predator Way" and gives Trotz exactly what he wants, wins and losses be damned.
Your comments are 100% accurate. It absolutely sickens me when I hear the terms "the Predator way, or Predator Hockey". The clueless coach and equally clueless General manager have shoved this garbage down our throats for years. I have no idea what the owners stance is, but if they've learned anything about Hockey since they bought this team they need to cut these two and cut them now. Of course Poile has been selected as GM for the Olympic team so they will not have the guts to send him packing.