View Single Post
Old
01-13-2014, 08:57 PM
SKjEi o2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers1979 View Post
You are putting all your assumption on one season of play, look at Stepan now who is the last person now not to have figured out AV's system. How bad is Step this year? He has literally scored a goal in 5 games this season out of 47.

Getting back to Cally he has had 3 seasons prior of consistent scoring. He is also getting his PPG average up again this season to a good level.

I would rather sign Cally to around 5 million a year and 5 years, not crazy money but at least they know what a Cally on his game can do.
Callahan will be paid for what he has done not what he will do. Will he continue to score goals at 37 years old? 5 years @ 5 mil is the absolute minimum I see him accepting. He wants a retirement contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nobody good enough is available.

Girardi is overrated. He's a very good defenseman but he's not what he was in the first half of 2011-2012. He has a big reputation around the league, you can get impact talent by trading him.

Cally, due to injuries, wouldn't get as much on the trade market.

A deal with G as the centerpiece can land you a very good top 6 center.
So what would you do if we traded Girardi? Put Stralman on the 1st pair? What about the 2nd pair? We shouldn't be getting rid of righty dmen we should add another.

I guarantee you Callahan is worth quite a bit to the GMs in this league. Especially a desperate one at the deadline.