View Single Post
Old
01-26-2007, 11:12 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
That'd be pretty sweet, BUT...who would take Malik or Rozsival or Ward and give the Rangers something worthwhile in return?

I mean...maybe you can find a taker on a team that's looking to dump salary, but you'd still think that team could find something better than taking on the salary of guys like Malik or Rozsival.

Plus you're even more unlikely to get a good young forward that isn't another big project.

The other option being trade Rachunek instead. His contract is more manageable (and expires at the end of this year I believe), and he's younger. Teams might be willing to give a little more. While I wouldn't be sad to see him go, however, I'd much rather see Malik go instead.

As an aside, did anyone read Brooks' article the other day where he claimed that the Rangers gave Kaspar no warning about him being waived and that he and his agent found out when the Post called?

Then did anyone notice how Kaspar told other reporters that Renney called him into his office to tell Kaspar the news personally?

And did anyone wonder at the discrepancy between these two stories and wonder what the deal with Brooks is?
Roszival isn't a bad player at $2.1 million and Ward had other teams offering him more years at around the same money after he had already given the Rangers a commitment.These aren't Joe Corvo contracts with three more years remaining

Regarding the Dellapina/Brooks/Kasparaitis situation,the Rangers called Kasparaitis rather than call his agent Mark Gandler.Brooks informed Gandler that Kasparaitis was waived.Kasparaitis didn't inform his agent which is where the misunderstanding took place

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote