View Single Post
Old
01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
xander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
wow thats a serious serious overpayment. right now zherdev has a 27 goal year under his belt. prucha has a 30 goal year under his belt. he's only 2 years older. to add dubinsky and a first for, other than hype and that great rookie year, a young talent is insane and if you think columbus would ask for more your wrong thats WAY to much. we could have had pronger for that a proven number one dman.
We could have had Pronger for that? says who? that's a pretty big statement to make without any proof.

Zherdev is a 22 year old with franshise level talent, you have to give to get. Prucha is a talented player surrounded by question marks right now (I'm a Prucha fan, by the way), and
Dubinsky is a 20 year old just breaking into pro hockey with probable second line talent. If you really want to play lowball then you can change the first to a second, but for a guy of Zherdev's talent and age your going to have to pay, end of story.

Nobody deals away young franchise talent unless you make it worth they're while or they absolutely have too. I'm all for trying to make the best possible deal for the rangers, but I think it's very unlikely that you get Nikolai at a bargain basement price.

xander is offline   Reply With Quote