View Single Post
Old
01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
BBKers

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Souray would def. fill that role with that booming shot he has. I doubt Montreal would trade him this season, especially for just Malik and a draft pick, but I would def. take a run at him this off season if the price is right. I don't know if its a good idea to carry 8 D-men on the big club next season. I know injuries happen but it would be better off for those younger players (Not Pock though) to get ice time in the AHL instead of watching the Rangers play. The trading of Ward or Malik depends on how Girardi plays while he is up here. If he plays well I can see one of them getting dealt and him being a regular player on the Rangers backline next season. That makes the D look something like this (w/out UFA's):

Ward-Staal
Rosy-Toots
Girardi-Pock
Baranka

Now who goes down to Hartford if the Rangers sign a UFA D-man? Its a tough choice.
If nobody is dealt - my lineup would look the same. But I would idealistically like it to look something like:'

New nr 1 - Staal
Ward - Tyutin
Pock - New defensive guy
Girardi/Baranka nr 7 - to be used if "the top 6" do not deliver or are injured...
Nr 8 (looser between Girardi/Baranka) in Hartford playing lots of time and ready to move up if anyone gets hurt. This would be adding hungry future depth to the lineup, not watching this years sinking demise of overpaid underachieving older washups...
I think it may be a gamble (maybe well worth taking) to add 3 young guys to the starting roster. But it would also be interesting in trying it.

Last edited by BBKers: 01-26-2007 at 01:23 PM.
BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote