View Single Post
Old
01-14-2014, 08:49 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
People got to remember that Weber, Letang, Chara, Keith etc etc were not considered number 1 defenders at the ages of 18-20. Even after there were some major growing pains with them. I won't sit here and say our trio of defender prospects (Ghost, Morin, and Hagg) are going to come and become franchise players but I will say that most 1-2 defenders aren't looked at being top guys at a young age.

Ghost this season is being considered one of the best players in college hockey at 20 yrs old. He skates with the best of them, has one of the best slapshots in college hockey and maybe even one of the best prospect slapshots out there, and isn't afraid to get physical. His defensive play also has tremendously increased. His size and turnover problems can be fixed.

Morin is the giant defender who if be puts it all together could be a monster defender. He skates extremely well for a big man and is extremely smart. He has got to work on many things including how to deal with smaller skilled forwards. They get around him way to easily.

Hagg is that super calm presence defender who can play all situations. His first pass is top notch. I mean honestly he barely ever turns the puck over. He also skates like Coburn does. Extremely fluent. His problem still is consistency. He is though playing as a 18 yr old in probably the 3rd best league in the world. Got to be patient.

If we clam down and grow defenders, it will only be a matter of time before one comes up

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote