View Single Post
Old
01-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogaar23 View Post
My only worry (well not only) is that, as someone else mentioned, we happen to get Ekblad (my top choice) is that the "braintrust" feel a need to have both he AND Nurse in the lineup next year, along with Marincin and Klefbom.

Some variation of:

Marincin - Petry
Klefbom - Schultz
Ekblad - Nurse

could be pretty good in a few years. But I wouldn't be surprised to see them insert 2 raw rookies in to the lineup trying to sell even more hope to the fans - but that d corps would get lit up like a Christmas tree - even more than this year's version.

Maybe one of Nurse, Klefbom, or Ekblad (if we get him) - but you can't have 2, especially if you assume that Marincin will be there too.
Yeah that's a concern, but I can't see this management assuming kids can handle all that work. Honestly though, I don't see it. I could see their being space for all 3, Nurse, Ekblad and Marincin (If they Earn their spot), but that only works if you bring in another top-4 defenseman and an Andy Sutton type bottom-pair veteran to protect the kids both defensively and physically.

Again not ideal, but you'll have a hard time tell me honestly that Nurse wouldn't be an upgrade on the junk back there right now. Not saying he "should" be there, just the state of the defense.