View Single Post
Old
01-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Block More Shots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limey FK View Post
Thanks for the clarification Dubi. Great stuff.

Your point about Jags looking at himself for responsibility and accountability vs. shannahan looking at others is very interesting. We need to get these two players on the same page ASAP
This is why Jaromir Jagr is our captain and Brendan Shanahan is not. Don't get me wrong, Shanny is a great leader in the lockerroom and out on the ice (he's always the first one to stick up for a teammate), but this is the type of attitude a captain should have. The captain of a team SHOULD be taking responsibility for the team's lack of success. Even though it's not completely true (the defense has been piss poor and our team is just not playing great hockey as a whole), someone needs to step up and take responsibility. Sometimes it's better to do what Jagr did and take full responsibility than what Shanny does and tries to explain what players in general aren't doing right.

I have complete faith in Jaromir Jagr's ability to lead this team to the playoffs and beyond. Taking responsibility and bringing the team under his wing is what leadership is all about. Renney can juggle the lines all he wants but as long as Jagr comes through and produces, it'll spark the team. Look at last season...the whole team fed off of Jagr. If we get back to doing that, our team will start to win more games.

Just my two cents

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote