Thread: Brad Richards
View Single Post
01-15-2014, 05:42 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I don't agree. The only realistic #1 centers that this team passed up over the years in the draft were Getzlaf and Giroux. Where this team has drafted, actual #1 centers aren't realistically available. They aren't one of those commodities that you can find in the later rounds anymore, either.
Right. In which alternate universe are these bonafide #1 centers dropping to where the Rangers could realistically pick them up? Just going to name some ones off the top of my head.

Crosby: 1st overall
Stamkos: 1st
Toews: 3rd
Malkin: 2nd
Kopitar: 11th
Taveres: 1st
Backstrom: 4th
Spezza: 2nd
Duchene: 3rd
Sedin: 3rd
E. Staal: 2nd

Sure, a few slipped through the cracks like a Giroux or Getzlaf. Sometimes that happens. Twenty-one teams passed on Giroux, so it's not like NYR just totally dropped the ball on an obvious pick. Similar deal with Getzlaf. You're not going to find many centers drafted outside the top 50 picks that are better than Derek Stepan. A few, sure. But not many. I'm sure Gordie Clark has wet dreams about drafting a Huberdeau or Seguin or Skinner. He can't do **** about it until Sather puts him in a position to make that selection.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote