View Single Post
Old
01-15-2014, 09:33 AM
tymed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
Have you ever watched Voracek play?

Entering the zone with speed from right wing position, a little deke to the middle before finishing the play with a deadly snapshot are his special.

Playing our best RW out of position does not sound smart to me...
I've been following Jake his whole career including juniors actually. I watch 9/10 Flyers games. I can see that you only read a couple of sentences I posted.

Jake is our best natural winger forsure but using what we call points and examples I suggested that Brayden looks equal or even better off that side than he does tbh--while also suggesting that Voracek seems far more equipped than Brayden to work the left side, both being left handed shots. All I said was that to me a Jake/G/Schenn combo > Schenn/Jake/G combo, it maximizes the efficiency of this 1 (one) particular unit, although I believe both ways you put it, give us a legitimate top line.

I'll just use this opportunity also to point out that Voracek doesn't exactly have a deadly snap shot, nor would I call this "specialty" you're suggesting as being very special. Schenn for me makes that play slightly better than he does on average -- While Jake, according to skillset, would beat Brayden on the LW in most facets of the position by a long shot. I base my opinions entirely off of what I see taking place on the ice.

Jake's surpassed 20 goals once so far and this is his 6th season. While his shot made great strides last year, he's never been a shooter or had a good shot by standard of comparison. 13 goals and 37 points in 47 is extremely underwhelming to me for someone who gets as much offensive opportunity as he does, esp while being average at best defensively. B.Schenn produces more than him at ES. It definitely doesn't warrant saying that his spot is incontestable in any way . Again, all Im saying that there a lot of reasons to believe that Schenn would be fairing the same or at least a little better in Jakes shoes, and that Jake would be fairing a lot better in Braydens shoes than Brayden does (referring to when he is on the LW and not C).

Have you ever watched Brayden Schenn play? Because to me it does sound smart to try Jake on the Left side and potentially solving our 1st line LW problem, all while potentially maximizing Schenn for us and Im certain he'd have more than 33 points in Jakes skates this season. More reason to believe so than not. Im not sure how much simpler I can communicate my point and observation here. I appreciate your reply but please read my entire posts if you're going to quote me again.

Last edited by tymed: 01-15-2014 at 09:42 AM.
tymed is offline   Reply With Quote