Old
01-15-2014, 08:34 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
As a wild card idea for next season, do you think Ghost would have the possibility of playing for the Flyers next year? Or would he need/should have a full/almost-full season in the AHL?
I think he has got to play in the AHL for a year just to make sure he can hang with guys this size (or put on about 20-30 pounds). My take on Ghost has been that for him to be successful he is going to have to be pretty damned good. He is so small for an NHL defenseman that in order for him to compete he is going to have either put on some serious pounds, or play exceptionally well. If he were on the team right now, he would be the smallest defender by about 20-30 pounds, and about 80 pounds smaller than our biggest. His ability to deal with a guy like Milan Lucic is going to potentially make him a liability out there. There will potentially be guys 4-5 inches taller and 50-60 pounds heavier than him on a nightly basis roughing him up in front of the net and the corners. In the offensive zone he might be fine, but I will be very wary of him in his own zone until I see that he canc ompete.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote