Thread: Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Rust Heisenberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Montreal fans that I know consider Prust overpaid. But they still like him.

2.5 million for a guy that scores 20-25 points a year is not good value. You should be able to get that kind of production from a young kid easily for less than a million.

This team is looking to move away from the grind-it-out style anyways, Boyle is a good player, he just doesn't fit and he will be overpaid.

I was hoping for Thrower + 3rd '14 at the deadline from a team like Montreal. Maybe they can get a 2nd + prospect for him, who knows. I'd take that and run.

He will most likely hit UFA anyways so if the Rangers want him back ,just re-sign him then.
AV tried to play a grind it out game last night.

He seems to employ a hybrid system.

If we traded him I wouldn't want to muddle up our return by getting a prospect and a lower draft pick. Get the highest draft pick you can get. I'm sure you can get a first, even if we have to give up a 4th along with Boyle to solidify that.

The value of a first round pick is greater than in years past. Only 29 picks this year and the crop of draftees is better than in recent memory.

But as I said earlier, don't hold your breath on any of these. Sather isn't known to do this. You can't just change how a person operates because you're more logical. He's at the helm, not any of us. It's unfortunate but we have to deal with that.

Wouldn't be surprised if we resigned Girardi, Callahan, and Boyle to overpayments. Right thing to do? Absolutely not. But I think given Sather's previous moves that this is the most likely to happen.